[Moonriver] The 404 Reference Integrated Amplifier
The 404 Reference integrated amplifier which is the improved version of the Standard model. It can drive most speakers in the market to significant levels. WBT nextgenTM speaker terminals ensure the massive flow of current from the amplifier’s output stage, is able to drive even “difficult to drive” speakers. The 404 Reference lifts the capacitance to a spectacular 107000µf of which 21000 of them are reserved for the preamp only. This enormous increment expands the driving behaviour; the dynamic character; digs out more detail; low level information; a deeper and more articulate soundtstage; space between instruments is vast, while the bass has greater authority and is more confident than ever before.
Furthermore, an integrated phono stage, a USB DAC, two preamp outputs and a tape monitor loop expand functionality to form an ideally flexible integrated amplifier.
Balance control addresses a common problem; speakers that are positioned in asymmetry, in a non-balanced room environment. It thus provides the simplest tweak towards achieving a proper sound stage. Stereo/mono switch gives you the chance to enjoy recording art milestones with respect to how they were initially intended to please; in genuine mono, 2-channel, doing away with artificial phase discrepancies induced by mandatory stereo mode.
- Inputs: 5 (line 1 and 4 optionally occupied by phono stage and USB DAC respectively, 1 x tape loop)
- Outputs: 2 x preamp out, 1 x rec out
- Max output power: 50 W / channel into 8 Ω
- Frequency response: 10 Hz to 50 kHz
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.05%
- Signal to noise ratio: 95 dB (line)
- Dimensions (mm): 135 (H) x 430 (W) x 390 (D)
- Weight: 13 kg (without phono or DAC)